The SBBD Demos Session offers an opportunity for researchers and practitioners, from both academia and industry, to present innovative functional tools that solve non-trivial problems regarding data and information management.
The topics of interest of the Demos Session are the same of the main conference.
- July 08, 2013
July 1st, 2013 June 24, 2013 June 10, 2013– Paper submission
- August 05, 2013
July 30, 2013 July 15, 2013– Paper notification
- August 19, 2013
August 15, 2013 August 5, 2013– Paper camera – ready due
Authors must submit an article not exceeding 6 pages, including figures and references, describing their demos/applications.
All submissions will undergo a common review process, by at least three members of the Program Committee.
Decisions about acceptance will be based on relevance to the data and information management area, originality, potential significance, technical quality and clarity. Authors are strongly encouraged to include in their submission a link to a recorded video (screencast) of the demo/application, limited to 5 minutes.
This resource will also be considered in the review process.
Papers can be written in English or in Portuguese and must conform to SBC’s template. Only PDF format is accepted.
The link to the demo’s video must be presented in the first page of the paper as a footnote (the first time it is referenced). Papers must be submitted electronically through the EasyChair conference system.
The acceptance of a paper implies that at least one of its authors will register for the SBBD to present the work. Accepted papers will be published in the SBBD Demos Proceedings.
Presentation and Awards
At least one of the authors must attend the symposium to present the demo. The Demos Session will be accomplished in two moments in SBBD 2013, as follows:
- Presentation of the paper in a dedicated session.
- Live demonstration of the application. Each demo must have an associated poster to be exhibited during the demonstration with dimensions 0.70 m x 1.00 m (width x height), which must include the following information:
- software name
- author names and affiliations
- information regarding eventual grants received to develop the software
- contact e-mail and URL with more information.
- main features/functionalities
- main references
During the symposium, the demos will be evaluated by an award selection committee (composed of members of the Program Committee). Both the results of this evaluation and of the review process will be considered to determine the Best Demo Paper Award.
SBBD DEMOS 2013 Chairs
- Damires Souza, IFPB
- Daniel Kaster, UEL
- Altigran Silva (UFAM)
- Ana Paula Appel (IBM Research Brazil)
- Angelo Brayner (UNIFOR)
- Bernadette Lóscio (UFPE)
- Caetano Traina Jr. (ICMC-USP)
- Carlos Eduardo Pires (UFCG)
- Carmem Hara (UFPR)
- Damires Souza (IFPB) – chair
- Daniel Kaster (UEL) – chair
- Edleno de Moura (UFAM)
- Elaine Sousa (ICMC-USP)
- Evandro Baccarin (UEL)
- Fernanda Baião (UNIRIO)
- Fernando de Souza (UFPE)
- Humberto Razente (UFU)
- Jonice Oliveira (UFRJ)
- Karin Becker (UFRGS)
- Marcela Ribeiro (UFSCar)
- Marcio Oikawa (UFABC)
- Marcos Vieira (IBM Research Brazil)
- Maria Camila Barioni (UFU)
- Mirella Moro (UFMG)
- Renata Galante (UFRGS)
- Renato Bueno (UFSCar)
- Ronaldo Mello (UFSC)
- Sandra de Amo (UFU)
- Valeria Times (UFPE)
- Vânia Vidal (UFC)